Friday, January 1, 2021

Taking Pride

Interviewer : Tell me about yourself. Me : uttered some story. Int: Will you be able to relocate to remote location? Me : Yes Int: What are your salary expectations? Me: 20% hike on current CTC. Int: We cannot offer you so high salary. Me: Downgraded to 15%. Int: We can offer you 15% cut on your current CTC. Me: Just thought to my self "Fuck Off You Assole".
This was one of my interview shots out of many. When you have a gap on your resume, everyone looks at you like a shit. Just dont know how to get on with my jobless days, have utilised this time making trips to temples. Then again on one fine day, there comes a good news. I was offered for heading a plant in Bhiwandi,Maharastra in one of the most trusted brands of India, Nilkamal.

Visisted Lucknow for one of my friend's marriage. We both were roommates during my first company days. He has come to my marriage. So as a typical Indian mind, it is my obligation to give it back. There we are in the middle of a north Indian marriage with all the music, reverberating through the streets, their relatives were so surprised to see us and complimented our pair. During our bus journey from the grooms's place to the hall, we have had good friend's with all of his cousins. They really took care of us. Everyone behaved well mannered. Post marriage, we had taken a day off from the marriage noises and went on to look at the city. We visted few of the Moguls built forts, parks and a riding on a water boat. Enjoyed every bit of it thoroughly.

I've joined the company on March 13th in their corporate office in Andheri. Building was very big with all of the departments working here and controlling the plant operations pan India. My stay was in the company's guest house and headed to the Bhiwandi Plant the next day along with the HR and the Vice President - Operations. The company was built in a godown following all the safety protocols. The team was young. In no time I took charge of the plant operations completely. Management was happy with the performance. Life going good. Actually better. Leaving the company on time and spending some quality time with my family made me forget of all those hard times I faced. This was when we wanted to go for kids as there was no updates on my Canada PR.

My wife missed her monthly cycle and this was when we discovered the egg got stuck in one of the falopian tubes and has to be removed on war foot basis. This is the second encounter to hospital. Booked a flight to Hyderbad the next day morning, went to the hospital directly and after examining all the reports, doctor suggested for cutting off the falopian tube. Which means, the chances of getting normal pregnancy was down by 50%. She was taken to the theatre, operated for about 2 hrs. This was again a matter of life and death. How the hell did she endured all the pain all these days? How the hell did she manage to visit the doctor and the CT scan in Bombay all by herself? How the hell did she not loose courage ans stayed strong all through? These were many of the questions running through my mind.

Luckily this time, I got the health card activated and numerous call to my health advisor, the bill amount from my pocket was just Rs.6000. Doctor suggested not to plan for kids for the next 3 months. So, for me it was like going on for a diet on 90 days. With absolutely no terms and conditions. I was back to my work in 2 days. This is the worst part. When you take care of your health, there is something which cannot be controlled and hits you hard. My wife has taken extreme care with no drinks, no junk food and yet her body was taken for a toll.

The good news of my PR approval to Canada has bee the shine in the dark, after a long two years of our sincere efforts. There were no limits to ur joy. Tears rolling off. Time to sign off from this company as well. By the time I resigned, the company's inventory value reduced, NPA reduced to great extent, Production no.s increased and the serviceability increased as well. I was proud of myself turning a chaos plant into a systematic run plant.

Before landing in Canada, We wanted to treat ourselves a good party and this time its "Goa". It was treat for Canada. It was treat for our anniversary. It was a treat for our final days in India. Boozing on pool side, roaming around, watching girls in bikinis, beaching, paragliding and what not. Goa is actually an out of country experience with most of residents from abroad, sign boards in russian language, foreigners setting up businesses here. That was fabulous. After all this, we took an oath to visit again with kids. We returned to our hometown and booked 2 tickets to Canada on March 31 and then the whole world came to end in just matter of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment