Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Hosur Dairies

My bride, tied up in a red and green saree with jasmine flowers buckled up in her tied up hair holding a glass of milk in her two smoothie like palms entering room on our first night. I was just eager to get a complete picture of top to toe made me more nervous and anxious.When the door clinged, my heart beating at some 200 kmph, blood levels rose, might be sugar levels as well, sweating like I was in Sahara desert with A.C turned on at 18. My legs shivering. My palms wet and soaking. As she stepped in the room, I was like a blown up baloon. She was wearing a normal kurta pyjama with no milk glass, no flowers and not even a naughty smile on face which I saw in movies over 1000 times since childhood.

When we made ourselves comfortable, aftersome chit chat I gave a ring for her thumb finger to extend my gratitude for choosing me in her life. For making a strong decision to change her family name. For coming to me leaving her parents and loved ones behind. For becoming my future. For stepping in my house as a daughter. The first thing I did was to lay my head on her warm lap. We talked alot. It was memory to cherish. Its been 5 years since then and still all those memories are echoing in my mind crystal clear.

By the time I was married, I had an offer letter from one of the competitors of my current company. I thought my wife could not get habituated here in Erode because of the difference in culture, language and on top it is a village. This was a costly mistake I made very drastically in my very early marriage days.

We moved to Hosur, 40 kms to Bangalore. The place is quiet diversed in culture, with most of the people from southern part of India and mainly we could communicate in Telugu, my mother tounge. Both of us were having a really good time. We used to visit Bangalore, watch movies, get dominos pizza over weekends with vodka. Life was pretty good. We both celebrated the festials together, made lot of wishes, and the thing in common was, God, please make sure all goes well. There were also moments where we both had verbal fights, did not talk to each other for few days, we did not quiet understood each other and parents from both sides used to interfere and made us understand the intricacies and delicacies of wife and husband relation.

There has been mounting pressure on professional side, where I was unable to meet the huge expectations from the management, all of them were keralites. I spent sleepless nights with the crisis of my job, was even thinking of going back to Erode and join my previous company. Things were not going as expected. My wife could'nt take all this. She prayed god. She beggeed him to show some light. She cried alot sitting alone. Finally Ive put my papers on the table. I resigned without having a back up job. All my well wishers suggested to come back to Hyderabad and start taking some software courses. I had no choice but to follow.

I felt like my life has been ripped apart. Torn into pieces. But my wife stood by my side. No matter where what how, I'm gonna be with you, she said. I felt like crying. She hold my hands strong. She kept on pushing me. motivating me. One of my uncle's has a small one room on the terrance of their three floor building in Banjara hills, one of the richest localities in Hyderabad. When me and wife saw the saw, she instantly with hesitation said she is gonna stay in there with me which has no proper lighting, no cieling fan, no attached washroom and no saperate kitchen. Just one small 150-200 sqft room. There's a saying. A real man's loyalty for his woman is checked when he has everything at his disposal and the real woman's loyalty is checked when her man has nothing left in his pockets. My woman not just held my hands but supported me all through for which I shall always be indebted to her.

Just as a ray lof light in darkness, I received a call from a very small company offering a job in their electronic manufacturing set up as a production manager. I was on cloud 9. No limits for my happiness. I quickly accepted the offer and joined the company on 1st Feb 2016 and only then I realized this joy would not last longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment